Saturday, September 22, 2012

Earl

Earl is my favored bicycle. Being a cherished gift from a very dear friend Diane Pittman. I received Earl a Raleigh DL-1 three speed rod braked utility bicycle I have found out that the Raleigh DL-1 was a military bicycle than be came a policeman mailman bicycle. I have military experience and now I am going to school to be a policeman. I will try to be a postman when I retire.
I rode him all through winter wile I was living like Yehuda Moon house sitting with no car wile going to school. I laced the G6 Dynohub into the front wheel and hooked up the front and rear light. I purchased the rear rack from Redbarn. Works great with the saddle bags that I made out of military backpacks. (not shown) The trailer hitch works well the trailer that I repurposed from a kiddy hauler. I put a B66 saddle on Earl. I get quite a bit of great comments about him. People who like motorcycles especially like him.

8 comments:

  1. I love the "steel horse" inscription. What a solid ride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, I receved it from my friend Diane Pittman. I think so.

      Delete
  2. Sweeeett!! Looking good.

    Thanks for the post!!
    RL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good looking ride. Reliable, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one grand looking bike Dan....
    Thanks for your recent visit to my PurpleTraveller blog and linking in as a follower.
    I have included your blog on my blog listing....

    Trevor

    ReplyDelete